Austin Criminal Defense Attorneys
Charged with a Crime? Call (512) 952-2176!
Being charged with a criminal offense can bring serious consequences. This is especially true when the person being charged is not a citizen of the U.S. Our legal team has represented many non-citizens and others in state criminal courts. Our attorneys are bilingual and can easily communicate with those who prefer to speak in Spanish.
How Can a Criminal Charge Affect Me?
The substantial impact a criminal charge can have on a non-citizen was recognized in a Supreme Court decision, Padilla v. Kentucky. In that case, the Court found that criminal defense attorneys have a duty to inform their noncitizen clients about immigration consequences of a conviction, including informing them of when a conviction could or would result in their deportation. Thus, it is imperative that a criminal defense attorney knows immigration law well in these situations or that he or she consults with an immigration attorney during the criminal process.
Lawyers with Experience in Immigration & Criminal Defense
When you choose J. Sparks Law, PLLC, you will benefit from working with lawyers who are well versed in both areas of law – immigration and criminal defense. This allows us to always inform our clients of what immigration consequences they may face given various possible outcomes in their criminal matter. We also give advice to other attorneys when our clients are already represented. Our goal is to ensure that the criminal charge will not cause deportation, loss of legal status, or significant delay in the naturalization process.
Call an Austin Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
We’ve represented clients on tourist visas, those with green cards, and those without any documentation in the U.S. Whether you’re facing charges involving a DWI, assault, drug possession, or another criminal charge, J. Sparks Law, PLLC can help defend you, and if you’re a non-citizen, we can work towards preventing negative immigration consequences.
Give us a call today at (512) 952-2176 to discuss the details of your case with one of our experienced immigration lawyers. Spanish services offered.
Real care and dedication- Eric and Regina.
Julie was VERY attentive, frank but optimistic. If you want a PHENOMENAL team, definitely go with them!- E & S Abundez
Good service and experience- Laura Pérez
Best Immigration Attorney in Texas- Faheem & Jan
Genuine advocate with service oriented staff- Dru
- Child Sexual Abuse Victim Appeals for Asylum in Court Victim of Child Sexual Abuse Granted Asylum
- College Student Was Arrested for Possession Client Released and Case Dismissed
- Deported Honduran National's Case Reopened Deportation Case Terminated
- Entered the U.S. Illegally Parole Awarded to Mother of Soldier
- Family Suffered Interrogation and Arrest in West Africa Asylum Granted
- Foreign Husband Petitions for Provisional Waiver Provisional Waiver Approved
- Juveniles Facing Deportation Petition for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status Removal Proceedings Closed
- Man Previously Tortured by Police in His Country Was Awarded Protection Protection Won for Torture Survivor
- Mexican National Arrested Case Dismissed and Deportation Avoided
- Mexican National Passes Visa Interview Visa Approved for Mexican National