Family & Marriage Visas Board Certified Specialist in Immigration & Nationality Law

Family & Marriage Visas Attorney

Dedicated Immigration Lawyers Serving Clients in Austin

Are you a U.S. citizen who is married to or will be marrying a foreign citizen? If you want to bring your significant other to the United States, they will need to obtain a temporary immigrant visa. At J. Sparks Law, PLLC, we are committed to helping clients throughout Texas understand all of their immigration options so they can determine which is best for their situation. Visit our law firm today to consult with one of our experienced immigration lawyers about your case.

What Is the K-1 Visa?

Your fiancé(e) will need a K-1 visa if you plan to have your wedding ceremony in the states. With a K-1 visa, you will have 90 days from the time your fiancé(e) arrives in the country to get married. After you have been officially married, your spouse can apply for adjustment of status to become a permanent resident of the United States.

The foreign spouse must be sponsored by a U.S. citizen who filed Form I-129F on their behalf. If Form I-129F is approved, the next step is to file the K-1 visa application. You will also need to submit:

  • Evidence of a bonafide relationship
  • Police and security clearances
  • An affidavit of support
  • Medical examination results

Can the K-1 Visa Be Extended?

If the foreign fiancé(e) fails to get married within 90 days after receiving their K-1 visa, they will have to leave the country. The K-1 visa cannot be extended, which means the foreign fiancé(e) will have to file a new K-1 Visa application and start the process all over again.

Talk to Our Lawyers Today

If you need help petitioning for a visa for your fiancé(e), you should visit our law office to speak with one of our experienced lawyers about the immigration process. We are passionate about helping our clients achieve their American Dream, and we are prepared to use our extensive resources and knowledge of the law to protect your interests each step of the way.

Call (512) 900-4774 to request your free case consultation with one of our legal professionals at J. Sparks Law, PLLC.

Client Reviews

When You Treat Your Clients like Family
  • Best attorney in Texas!

    “Julie is the best and most incredible and knowledgeable attorney I have come across and she has such passion to help families like myself. I would recommend her over and over! Her team is just ...”

    - David L
  • the team has deep experience

    “There's nobody I trust more in this field. The matters that Sparks Law has handled for me have always been successful, and it's obvious that the team has deep experience but also that it cares about ...”

    - Jeff J
  • great customer service

    “I have been working with Julie Sparks for the past 5 years and can thoroughly state that they have been representing me and attending to all of my legal needs with great care and efficiency. Due to ...”

    - Juan M
  • communication was fast whenever we needed a question answered

    “Julie and Florencia were fantastic and extremely helpful. They made my Wife and I feel calm and relaxed during the whole immigration process. They were always on top of things and knew exactly what ...”

    - Holly
  • a real professional and extremely helpful

    “Julie puts her excellent knowledge on the full display with her great experience. She is a real professional and extremely helpful to take consideration for any possible option you have and any ...”

    - Bahar K
  • Child Sexual Abuse Victim Appeals for Asylum in Court Victim of Child Sexual Abuse Granted Asylum
  • College Student Was Arrested for Possession Client Released and Case Dismissed
  • Deported Honduran National's Case Reopened Deportation Case Terminated
  • Entered the U.S. Illegally Parole Awarded to Mother of Soldier
  • Family Suffered Interrogation and Arrest in West Africa Asylum Granted
  • Foreign Husband Petitions for Provisional Waiver Provisional Waiver Approved
  • Juveniles Facing Deportation Petition for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status Removal Proceedings Closed
  • Man Previously Tortured by Police in His Country Was Awarded Protection Protection Won for Torture Survivor
  • Mexican National Arrested Case Dismissed and Deportation Avoided
  • Mexican National Passes Visa Interview Visa Approved for Mexican National