Our new office is located at 5901 Old Fredericksburg Road, Building C, Suite 102, Austin, TX, 78749.

Copperas Cove Immigration Lawyer

Immigration Lawyer in Copperas Cove

Copperas Cove is the largest city in Coryell County and a part of the KilleenTemple-Fort Hood Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA). Copperas Cove is located on Interstate 14 and United States Highway 190 but also connects to Interstate 35.

The 2020 United States Census reported that Copperas Cove had a population of 37,041, and 61.1 percent of the population was white, 20.0 percent were Hispanic or Latino, 17.6 percent were Black or African American, and 14.9 percent were two or more races. The median gross rent in the city was $909, while the median value of owner-occupied housing units was $125,500.

Copperas Cove. Texas. USA on a map

Copperas Cove Immigration Attorney

If you are currently in the midst of trying to figure out an immigration issue on your own, you should know that you do not have to handle these concerns by yourself. J. Sparks Law, PLLC, knows what needs to be done in these cases and will work to make sure that you are able to secure all of the benefits to which you are entitled.

Our firm works tirelessly to ensure that people are able to obtain the immigration benefits they are seeking, and we know how to help people overcome whatever obstacles that might arise. You can call (512) 877-7482 or contact us online for a free consultation.

Immigration Matters We Can Assist With

Immigration is not an area that is limited to a single concern, so people could be dealing with any number of possible issues. Some of the most common kinds of cases we handle include, but are not limited to:

  • Adjustment of Status — Applying for a Green Card or lawful permanent resident status while in the United States is known as an adjustment of status, and applicants can remain in the country even while their applications are being processed and visas expire before approval. When people apply from outside the United States, the process is called consular processing and is handled at a United States consulate or embassy. While some adjustment of status cases can see resolutions within one year, most cases take two years, and people can also be required to pay up to $1,225 in fees, although some refugees could get their filing fees waived. It will also be important for a person to be sure they are working with an attorney to compile all of the required initial evidence that will be required in these cases.
  • Removal of Conditions — Any conditional permanent resident who obtained their status through marriage to a United States citizen or a lawful permanent resident must file Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, to request that conditions on their residence be removed. Conditional Green Cards are only valid for two years, and a person who does not remove the conditions could be at risk of an unlawful presence that may lead to removal proceedings and a person being barred from reentry. People should generally seek removal of conditions before the 90-day period in which their Green Card will expire. Form I-751 can only be submitted by mail, so there is no online option available in these cases. It will be beneficial to work with a lawyer in these cases because applicants need to be sure that they include all of the required initial evidence, as many applications are rejected for failure to do this.
  • Green Card Renewal — Not all Green Cards necessarily contain expiration dates, but most Green Cards now have them. Green Cards need to be renewed in a wide variety of situations, including Green Cards expiring, Green Cards being lost, mutilated, or destroyed, and Green Cards containing incorrect information. When people are seeking to renew their Green Cards, the process could only take a month or two to complete, although in some cases may take up to one year. People also have to pay a $455 filing fee and an $85 biometrics fee. People should file for renewal as soon as possible upon returning to the United States, when their Green Card will expire within six months. When Green Cards have already expired, people must contact the nearest United States consulate, international USCIS field office, or United States port of entry. 
  • Fiancé Visas — When a person wants to bring their foreign fiancé(e) to the United States to marry, they will have to file a Form I-129F, Petition For Alien Fiancé(e). This will allow the fiancé(e) to obtain a K-1 nonimmigrant visa. A person and their fiancé(e) must intend to marry within 90 days of a fiancé(e) entering the United States as a K-1 nonimmigrant, and all marriages must be valid, meaning that both parties have a bona fide intent to establish a life together and the marriage is not strictly for obtaining immigration benefits.
  • U Visas and T Visas — Both U visas and T visas are immigration benefits for people who express a willingness to work with law enforcement or government officials in the investigation or prosecution of certain kinds of criminal activity. Whereas the T visa relates specifically to human trafficking, specifically sex trafficking and labor trafficking, the U nonimmigrant status or U visa helps victims of other kinds of crimes involving mental or physical abuse. 
  • Citizenship — People who want to become United States citizens must be at least 18 years of age and committed to the principles of the United States Constitution. Children are also able to obtain certificates of citizenship if they are younger than 18 years of age, are in the custody of one United States parent, already hold permanent residency and reside in the United States, and have already had a full adoption if they were adopted. Proving residency and continuous physical presence can be challenging, so an attorney is recommended. A person who wants to file for citizenship must submit Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, to USCIS. The process will involve a $640 filing fee, and $85 biometrics fee, and a lengthy list of required initial evidence. It is important to understand that USCIS does have several exceptions and modifications for the applications. 
  • Advance Parole — Advance parole is a kind of document that allows immigrants to re-enter the United States when they travel abroad but do not have an immigrant visa or nonimmigrant visa. Advance parole will be beneficial for immigrants who have applications for adjustment of status still pending, were admitted as refugees or granted asylum, have been granted benefits under the Family Unity Program, were granted Temporary Protected Status, or have an asylum application pending.
  • Employment Authorization — The employment authorization document (EAD) is better known simply as a work permit. People generally must file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, to receive an EAD, but people will want to work with a lawyer because there can be situations in which certain people may need to submit additional evidence not required with other applications.
  • Waivers of Inadmissibility — People who are determined to be inadmissible to the United States often have the right to file a waiver in these cases. Different forms may need to be filed in these cases, so anybody who needs assistance filing a waiver of inadmissibility will want to retain legal counsel to ensure they are handling things properly.
  • Waivers of Unlawful Presence — Unlawful presence waivers allow people to remain in the United States during the Green Card application process, even when they are here unlawfully or overstayed their visa. Whereas most undocumented immigrants must leave the country to apply for permanent residency, a waiver of unlawful presence could allow a person to remain in the country.

Contact Our Experienced Immigration Lawyer in Copperas Cove

Are you currently in the midst of some kind of immigration issue in Texas that is jeopardizing your ability to work and reside in the state? You will want to be sure you speak with J. Sparks Law, PLLC, as soon as possible because our firm will know how to get you the relief you need.

We have experience helping people who came to Texas from countries all over the world, so we understand the unique issues that can arise in many of these cases. You can call (512) 877-7482 or contact us online to set up an initial consultation with our Copperas Cove immigration lawyer.

Get In Touch With Us

Call Today to Schedule a Consultation

Deported Honduran National’s Case Reopened

Deportation Case Terminated

View all case results

Genuine advocate with service
oriented staff

Julie is an honest, trust worthy person and a lawyer, regardless of complex nature of my case, She is patient and receptive in understanding the situation, then researches in depth accompanied with her plethora of legal knowledge to articulate and form the arguments….


View all testimonials

Genuine advocate with service
oriented staff

Julie is an honest, trust worthy person and a lawyer, regardless of complex nature of my case, She is patient and receptive in understanding the situation, then researches in depth accompanied with her plethora of legal knowledge to articulate and form the arguments….


View all testimonials